Monday, February 18, 2008

Countdown to Capetown: Less than 24 hours!

2-18-08
We arrive in Cape Town tomorrow, and I’M SO EXCITED ABOUT IT. Unfortunately, however, I seem to have come down with a stomach bug. I started feeling pretty awful yesterday, and today isn’t much better. I am hoping it is only a 48-hour bug and that I should be feeling much better tomorrow. Either way, I don’t intend to alter any of my South Africa plans…except for how much and what I will be eating. I don’t leave for my safari until Friday, so I’m sure I will be back to normal by then, thank goodness. My other Africa plans include: a visit to Robben Island (where Nelson Mandela was held prisoner), a show at the Baxter Theatre Centre, and hopefully a hike up Table Mountain. A lot of kids have been sick on the ship the last week or so, so I caught it from someone. In the meantime: Pepto Bismol, hand sanitizer, toast, and water are my best friends. It’s not fun feeling sick, but I am thankful because I could feel a lot worse and even if the timing isn’t great it could also be a lot worse.

No comments: