Sunday, April 20, 2008

When Shakespeare's Ladies Meet...and I steal the show (well, sort of...)

4/20
Well, the rest of my birthday was wonderful. I had a birthday dinner with Nicki, Tea, Christine, Meghan, Kate and Amanda. I had class till 5:30, so they set up the birthday table with napkins, plates, party hats, and whatnot. Then, a huge plate of assorted cookies was brought out and there were candles. I got the birthday song, and tons of nice kids would stop by to wish me a happy birthday. I, of course, sported my Disney Princess tiara. The cookies were absolutely delicious, and the crew even brought out glasses of milk for all of us. After dinner, Christine, Tea and I returned to our new tradition of watching a cute movie after dinner. We watched No Reservations (with Catherine Zeta Jones), which was very cute. I had rehearsal, which went well. Everyone sang me Happy Birthday and had signed a card for me. Daina gave me a cute gift as well. It was a very nice birthday, and I was surprised how many people knew it was my birthday and said something. They do list birthdays in the Dean’s Memo, but I didn’t really think anyone knew my last name. It’s also kind of weird here because I had so many professors wish me a happy birthday as well; it’s such close quarters, everyone knows everything here.
The show was last night, and of course it was a huge success. In fact, we find out during the usual noon announcements that we were going to do two performances instead of one because of popular demand. Apparently, tons of people had being calling up Daina and complaining because they couldn’t make the 8 o clock showing, so she decided we’d do it twice: once at 8 and again at 9. That was a surprise, but it was fine bc the first performance was a good opportunity for us to get out all of the last little kinks. I think the second performance was much better, but I went ahead and videotaped the first one. Melanie taped the second performance, however, so I should have both. Tea was on camera duty, so I’m not sure how they turned out yet; I’m sure there are a few good ones, and Daina’s significant other took a lot of pictures during dress rehearsal that he hasn’t posted yet. I’ll find something to put on the blog for you guys. Everyone said I did a great job, obviously, and that I was very funny. A few people told me that they only watched me the entire time because I was pretty funny, so that was very nice. Bridget, one of the kids on the ship, was probably my biggest fan. She said she watched me the entire time, and even showed me some of my moves afterwards. I also had a fellow dancer come up and commend me after the show for being able to dance when the ship was so rocky, so hearing from another actual dancer that it looked pretty good was exciting news as well. Overall, the show went wonderfully well and everyone enjoyed it.
In other news, there have been lots of papers (well, relatively speaking…in other words, more work than usual which is still nothing compared to the workload back at the buck. Oh, no worries though, I am in NO WAY complaining). I have most everything done. After Hawaii on Tuesday we only have one or two more days of classes and then the finals start. I have four exams, which is unusual for me; I’m used to having to write a stack of 12 page papers, but I don’t mind the change. The exams shouldn’t be too hard at all, just like regular tests. I only have one more paper to write as well (and the papers only have to be five pages…alright, alright, I’ll stop bragging and making all you hard working students jealous).
In Hawaii, I will be able to purchase my first legal drink, so that is something very exciting that I’m looking forward to. Unfortunately, we only have one day in Hawaii, so I have to utilize it. This means I plan on spending the day at the beach or having a drink or two in a bar. Exciting, I know. I think that’s about it from here, so hope all is well in the states. I can’t believe I will be back in American territory in a few days! Wow, this trip has gone by so quickly, and I’m still trying to enjoy every single day of it.

No comments: